7/14/2008

Liz's Reverie


Oil on Board, 6 1/4" x 7 1/2 SOLD
This is a portrait of a young woman who used to model
for my classes several years ago. She was a very good
model, and a very nice person, though a little taciturn.
She left for the Peace Corps - I think she went to Morocco -
and that was the last I saw of her. She had such an expressive
face. Wonderful to paint.
The kimono was lent to me by a good friend, and is from
the 1920's. It is really wild. It only comes to the waist, and
then has fringe that is about 18" long, all along the hem.
I think it was meant for the boudoir...........
Thanks for visiting today.
PS. I did not do this painting in just one day - I cannot
tell a lie.

6 comments:

christy said...

this is utterly gorgeous priscilla!! it's a little masterpiece!

This Painting Life said...

Such a peaceful painting with lovely passages of colour and brushstrokes.

Dave B said...

There are some really beautiful pieces here. I've always liked small intimate paintings and drawings for some reason and yours are as good as any I've seen this one especially. A lot of good stuff in a small space.

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

I love this! Did you do it from a photo? Your skin tones are so great.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comments, y'all! I appreciate them, and the encouragement to keep working is always welcome.

Unknown said...

...might be she was crying...for some reason,that we don't know and will never know...and the light...the morning sun or even moonlight!

This artpiece is poetry!