2/03/2009

Reclining Nude - Study for a Larger Work


NFS
This is a very small drawing - about 4" by 5". It was done in

colored pencil and graphite on some thin yellow paper. The
reason it is squared up is that I intend it to be a study for a larger
work. What kind of work that is to be, I do not know. Monotype?
Painting? Pastel? Drawing? Who knows? At least I am doing
some artwork again!!!

If you have been following this blog, you will have noticed that
my last post was October 30th, 2008. Sometimes we just haven't
got it. It just isn't there. I have always had this concept of
artistic "talent" or whatever you want to call it, as something
that we don't own. It comes and visits us for awhile. Sometimes
it is a very pleasant visit. Other times....well....you know. There
are a lot of things I want to do now. I wanted to do them before.
I just couldn't. These people who work everyday amaze me, and
have my greatest admiration.

Thanks for visiting today. Hopefully, there will be something
here very soon again. NFS

2 comments:

THEARTBRUSH said...

Hi Priscilla
It happens - your right by doing something. expand your mind,take on a new challenge.
Happy brushing,
Pete,Theartbrush

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Pete, and those are good words of advice. I'll take them to heart.
Happy brushing to you too!
Priscilla