5/19/2009

Nautilus


Go Here to Bid

Pastel on White Archival paper, 6" x 8"
I did this drawing today in my "veils" pastel technique, using
many thin "glazes" of pastel powder over a charcoal drawing.
It is hard to see in the photograph the beautiful surface of the
drawing, particularly the different textures - the difference
between the soft, velvety backgroundm the grainy table,
and the smooth and shiny shell. This is a very fun technique
and is one that I teach in my class and in workshops.
Thanks for visiting today.

2 comments:

Atul Pande said...

Priscilla: This is a beautiful piece. I love the play of light on the shell.

Jack said...

Its just mind blowing paintings...u got a nice color sense...


--
Jack
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV