5/22/2008

Tuscan Farmhouse


Acrylic on Paper mounted on Board, 5" square
$100.00 go to eBay

I did this painting as a copy of a gouache painting

that I did in a sketchbook that I had prepared to

show a group of students who were potential

participants in a workshop in Florence. The workshop

ended up getting cancelled for various reasons, but I

was so happy with the gouache painting that I did

another, larger version of it, and here it is.

I love the simplicity of Italian farm buildings. I remember

riding around in the country when I lived in Italy. I didn't

own a car, so that was a very rare treat. The most spectacular

thing was to see the fields covered with red poppies in the

spring. I'll never forget that. It was amazing. Italy has to be

one of the most beautiful places in the world.

1 comment:

belindadelpesco.com said...

Beautiful! love the zig-zag composition.