10/09/2009

Bearded Iris in Gouache and Watercolor


FOR SALE HERE
My gouache class is going to start working on flowers in the coming week,
and I'm just trying to get together some examples in watercolor and
gouache.
The truth is, I prefer the combination of WC and gouache to just
plain gouache, which I find rather mat and dull. I like the variations
inherent in combining both mediums into one piece. Of course
there are many beautiful gouache paintings, and I have used gouache
exclusively myself, but for right now, I'm gravitating towards the
watercolor/gouache combination.
Tomorrow I need to get some real flowers to work from. I hope I can
find some interesting ones to work from. I just wish summer were not
over, and that flowers weren't so expensive! Maybe I should move to
Florida!!

No comments: